Last updated: January 26, 2021
Animal Victory has updated its terms on January 26, 2021. If you agree to use Animal Victory, you agree to accept these terms.
These services are provided by AnimalVictory.org, also known as ("AV" or "We" or "Us"). These Terms are for You also known as ("You" or "User(s)"). We collect signatures, and payments, or contributions, or donations from individuals to pay for the platform so we can create, publish and promote petitions to gain more signatures to fight for tougher punishment laws for animal abusers. Animal Victory also donates a portion of net profits to various petition campaigns, animal welfare agencies, and when possible, towards specific rescue groups and/or individuals on a case by case basis.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors. Users must be 13 years old or older to use the Service, and users under 18 must have parental consent.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Who we are
ANIMAL VICTORY IS A FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION.
ANIMAL VICTORY IS NOT A 501-C 3 CORPORATION.
- Contributions, Payments, or Donations made through the www.AnimalVictory.org website are processed by PayPal or Stripe as two of the nation's highest-rated payment processing platforms for a safe, easy, and seamless process of donations. The collected contributions go into the Animal Victory fund. Because we use two different payment processors, your credit card receipt or statement may read "Animal Victory or One Red Lion," depending upon your donation method and depending upon the time of the donation. We use your donations to pay for the platform so we can create, publish, and promote petitions to gain more signatures to fight for tougher punishment laws for animal abusers.
- Animal Victory donates a portion of net profits to various petition campaigns, animal welfare agencies, and when possible, towards specific rescue groups and/or individuals on a case by case basis.
- Your donation receipt confirms that you made your donation as a charitable contribution and that you did not receive any goods or services in return.
- Your contributions or donations are not tax-deductible and are non-refundable.
- All Contributions, Payments, or Donations for AnimalVictory.Org are the organizations' assets and are under their exclusive legal control.
- Employees and the Board of Directors of the company are allowed to contribute and make payments or donate through the website(s).
Third-party affiliates or advertising on Animal Victory's emailed newsletters or Website
You may see advertising material submitted by third parties on Animal Victory's website. Each advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission, or inaccuracy therein.
Affiliates or Advertisements
Animal Victory may receive a portion of proceeds from affiliates or advertisements that are used to support the site.
All Contributions, Payments, or Donations made through the AnimalVictory.org website(s) and/or any of their mobile applications operated by The Company, is governed by our
Privacy Policies. By using the platform you agree to abide by these Terms. By agreeing to these "Terms" you also agree to our privacy policies, including how we handle personal information under our privacy policies.
PayPal’s processing fees are approximately 2.9% plus.30 cents per transaction and Stripe's processing fees are approximately 2.9 % plus.30 cents per transaction. Donor Box fees are approximately 1.5% of the total dollar amount of donations each month. You understand that you may be given the option to cover these fees when donating.
When you sign a petition you agree to be signed up to receive newsletters with updates on petitions. You may unsubscribe at any time by scrolling to the bottom of each newsletter and clicking the "unsubscribe" link.
You may use the same link to update your contact information. You may also contact us in writing to unsubscribe at:
- You agree that any material that you display on your profile will not (i) infringe on any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or right of publicity or privacy; (ii) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) be defamatory or libelous; (iv) be lewd, pornographic or obscene; (v) violate any laws regarding unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising; (vi) promote violence or contain hate speech; or (vii) contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines.
- You agree that except for the content you upload to your profile, that "We" own and shall retain all rights, title, and interest in our names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, intellectual property, copyrights, and proprietary technology, including, without limitation, those names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, copyrights, and proprietary technology currently used or which may be developed and/or used by us in the future.
- You agree that you will not copy, scrape or exploit any content from the website(s) without a written agreement between you and AnimalVictory.org
- You agree that when using the website(s) that you will not upload, email, post, transmit or make available any Content or photos that are unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, or objectionable ethnically.
- You agree that any information you provide to the public is true and not misleading.
- You agree to post photos or content that belongs only to you and is not copyright protected.
- You agree to not Stalk or harass another person through the website.
- You agree not to use the service for illegal purposes.
- You agree to not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent yourself to another person through the website.
- You agree to not use the website to send spam or other junk mail to people who have not agreed to it.
- You agree to not disclose information about any person with a profile on the website(s.)
- You agree if you are using our services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so.
- You agree using AnimalVictory.org is at your own risk.
- You agree we provide this platform for you to sign as an “As Is” and “As Available” basis and that AnimalVictory.org and/or any of its’ partners, affiliates, or employees or subcontractors/writers, make no warranty that any of our services provided through our platform will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted, or error-free.
- You agree to contribute to a campaign or petition on the platform at your own risk. We will do our utmost best within reason to accomplish our goal on any petition. We do not guarantee any results from any petition.
- Please report any violations of site infringement or copyright material owned by you to our customer support below or use this Contact Us.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL ANIMAL VICTORY.ORG AND/OR ONE RED LION, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, VOLUNTEERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (“LOSS”) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE ANIMAL VICTORY.ORG SITE, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION): (i) DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND OTHER PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE OR LOSS OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF USE OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, LOSS OF CAPITAL, DOWNTIME COSTS, LOSS UNDER OR IN RELATION TO ANY OTHER CONTRACT, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR BENEFITS; (ii) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS; OR (iii) ANY LOSS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE ANIMAL VICTORY SITE. THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION 17 APPLIES EVEN IF ANIMAL VICTORY SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS.
BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PARTICULAR KINDS OF LOSS, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, ANIMALVICTORY.ORG AND/OR ONE RED LION, INC. LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (THEREBY MINIMIZING ANIMALVICTOR.ORG/ONE RED LION, INC.LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS).
Except as expressly provided to the contrary in writing by One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org, the site and materials contained therein, and the use thereof is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is and as available" basis. You agree that One Red Lion, Inc. and AnimalVictory.org do not warrant the service if the service is interrupted for general maintenance or other reasons, or that the service is secure or error-free. Animal Victory makes no warranty the service will meet your requirements. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org do not represent or warrant that the materials in the site or the services are accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org do not represent or warrant that the site or its servers are free of viruses or harmful components. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org are not responsible for typing errors or omissions, relating to signatures or donations. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org do not represent or warrant that materials in the site or the services are accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. Please use industry-recognized software to detect or disinfect viruses from any download. AnimalVictory.org reserves the right to change any content contained in the site and to suspend or discontinue the site or services offered at any time without notice or obligation or liability to you as well as end or pull a petition prematurely from the platform as the story unfolds. AnimalVictory.org also reserves the right to contract services with other companies and organizations that may be known as partners or affiliates.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injuries caused by the Animal Victory Site, including, without limitation, those damages or injuries occurring as a result of (i) any error, omission, deletion, or defect in the content available on the Animal Victory Site; or (ii) any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of records, information or data, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records, information or data, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, or any other cause of action. Animal Victory does not warrant or guarantee that access to the Animal Victory Site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Animal Victory also makes no representations and warranties as to any linked sites and Animal Victory has no liability or responsibility concerning your use of such sites. In some instances, content made available on the Animal Victory Site may represent the opinions and judgments of providers or users, such as user content. Animal Victory and its affiliates do not endorse, nor shall they be responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any statement made on the Animal Victory Site by anyone other than authorized Animal Victory employees acting in such capacity.
Animal Victory is not obligated to update petitions but will do its utmost best to update all petitions with results. If AV cannot update a petition, it may be because there is not an update for us to record, and/or some records and record information cannot be disclosed. After all, they are deemed confidential either by law or by court order.
Freedom of Information
Both the federal and state governments determine public access to government files such as court records. At the federal level, the Freedom of Information Act, signed into law in 1966 by President Lyndon B. Johnson, generally protects the right of any person to request access to federal agency records or information. A few exemptions and special law enforcement exclusions are exclusions, such as national security information or trade secrets.
State laws concerning freedom of information vary. The Indiana Access to Public Records is a series of laws designed to guarantee public access to any information created, maintained, or filed by government agencies. Exemptions under Indiana law are very similar to federal exemptions.
Court records fall under the umbrella of information that is generally available for public inspection. However, some records and record information cannot be disclosed because they are deemed confidential either by law or by court rule. The following are examples of confidential court record information:
- Juvenile court proceedings
- Mental health commitment proceedings
- Social security numbers and financial account numbers
- Adoption and paternity proceedings
- Domestic violence protection order files
- Psychological evaluations and drug and alcohol treatment records
Excluding confidential records, public court records are available to anyone and may be used for news publications, academic research, and non-profit organizations. They may not however be used for commercial purposes of any nature. Requests can be made through the mail, online or in-person, and records may be copied for a small fee.
- You agree we will do our utmost best within reason to accomplish our goal on any petition. We do not guarantee any results from any petition.
- Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the platform and services.
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of Animal Victory.
“Animal lovers come to the Animal Victory website and Facebook page as well as subscribe to our newsletters, to sign and share petitions to raise awareness about the animal abuse issues that are important to them. At times a photo or video containing graphic content may appear without warning on our website, Facebook page, or newsletters. Please know we are continuously working on solutions regarding graphic photos and content that will help people understand the severity of the issue as well as warn them of the graphic footage or photos, to give them the opportunity to sign the petition.”