Last updated: October 1, 2020
Animal Victory has updated its terms on October 1, 2020. If you agree to use Animal Victory, you agree to accept these terms.
These services are provided by AnimalVictory.org, also known as ("AV" or "We" or "Us"). These Terms are for You also known as ("You" or "User(s)"). We collect signatures, and payments, or contributions, or donations from individuals to pay for the platform so we can create, publish and promote petitions to gain more signatures to fight for tougher punishment laws for animal abusers. Animal Victory also donates a portion of net profits to various petition campaigns, animal welfare agencies, and when possible, towards specific rescue groups and/or individuals on a case by case basis.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance within these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors. Users must be 13 years old or older to use the Service, and users under 18 must have parental consent.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Who we are
ANIMAL VICTORY IS A FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION.
ANIMAL VICTORY IS NOT A 501-C 3 CORPORATION.
- Contributions, Payments, or Donations made through the www.AnimalVictory.org website are processed by PayPal or Stripe as two of the nation's highest-rated payment processing platforms for a safe, easy, and seamless process of donations. The collected contributions go into the Animal Victory fund. Because we use two different payment processors, your credit card receipt or statement may read "Animal Victory or One Red Lion," depending upon your donation method and depending upon the time of the donation. We use your donations to pay for the platform so we can create, publish, and promote petitions to gain more signatures to fight for tougher punishment laws for animal abusers.
- Animal Victory donates a portion of net profits to various petition campaigns, animal welfare agencies, and when possible, towards specific rescue groups and/or individuals on a case by case basis.
- Your donation receipt confirms that you made your donation as a charitable contribution and that you did not receive any goods or services in return.
- Your contributions or donations are not tax-deductible and non-refundable.
- All Contributions, Payments, or Donations for AnimalVictory.Org are the organizations' assets and under their exclusive legal control.
- Employees and the Board of Directors of the company are allowed to contribute and make payments or donate through the website(s).
All Contributions, Payments, or Donations made through the AnimalVictory.org website(s) and/or any of their mobile applications operated by The Company, is governed by our
Privacy Policies. By using the platform you agree to abide by these Terms. By agreeing to these "Terms" you also agree to our privacy policies including the way we handle personal information under our privacy policies.
PayPal’s processing fees are 2.9% plus.30 cents per transaction and Stripe's processing fees are 2.9 % plus.30 cents per transaction. Donor Box fees are 1.5% of the total dollar amount of donations each month. You understand that you may be given the option to cover these fees when donating.
- You agree that any material that you display on your profile will not (i) infringe on any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or right of publicity or privacy; (ii) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) be defamatory or libelous; (iv) be lewd, pornographic or obscene; (v) violate any laws regarding unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising; (vi) promote violence or contain hate speech; or (vii) contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines.
- You agree that except for the content you upload to your profile, that "We" own and shall retain all right, title, and interest in our names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, intellectual property, copyrights, and proprietary technology, including, without limitation, those names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, copyrights, and proprietary technology currently used or which may be developed and/or used by us in the future.
- You agree that you will not copy, scrape or exploit any content from the website(s) without a written agreement between you and AnimalVictory.org
- You agree that when using the website(s) that you will not upload, email, post, transmit or make available any Content or photos that are unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, or objectionable ethnically.
- You agree that any information you provide to the public is true and not misleading.
- You agree to post photos or content that belongs only to you and is not copyright protected.
- You agree to not Stalk or harass another person through the website.
- You agree not to use the service for illegal purposes.
- You agree to not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent yourself to another person through the website.
- You agree to not use the website to send spam or other junk mail to people who have not agreed to it.
- You agree to not disclose information about any person with a profile on the website(s.)
- You agree if you are using our services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so.
- You agree using AnimalVictory.org is at your own risk.
- You agree we provide this platform for you to sign as an “As Is” and “As Available” basis and that AnimalVictory.org and/or any of its’ partners, affiliates, or employees or subcontractors/writers, make no warranty that any of our services provided through our platform will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted, or error-free.
- You agree when you contribute to a campaign or petition on the platform you do so at your own risk. We will do our utmost best within reason to accomplish our goal on any petition. We do not guarantee any results from any petition.
- Please report any violations of site infringement or copyright material owned by you to our customer support below or use this Contact Us.
Limitation of Liability
- You agree that there will not be any liability of AnimalVictory.org and One Red Lion Inc, and/or each of its members, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, employees, partners, or volunteers and they will not be liable for any special indirect or consequential damages including loss of donations or loss of profits or loss of data or loss of use whether in an action in contract, tort, including negligence or otherwise arising out of or in any way connected with the use of or inability to use the site or services.
Except as expressly provided to the contrary in writing by One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org, the site and materials contained therein and the use thereof is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is and as available" basis. You agree that AnimalVictory.org does not warranty the service if the service is interrupted for general maintenance or for other reasons, or that the service is secure, or error-free and that 'We" make no warranty that the service will meet your requirements. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org do not represent or warrant that the materials in the site or the services are accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org do not represent or warrant that the site or its' servers are free of viruses or harmful components. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org are not responsible for typing errors or omissions, relating to signatures or donations. One Red Lion, Inc, and AnimalVictory.org do not represent or warrant that materials in the site or the services are accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. Please use industry-recognized software to detect or disinfect viruses from any download. AnimalVictory.org reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the site and to suspend or discontinue the site or services offered at any time without notice or obligation or liability to you as well as end or pull a petition prematurely from the platform as the story unfolds. AnimalVictory.org also reserves the right to contract services with other companies and organizations that may be known as partners or affiliates.
Animal Victory is not obligated to update petitions but will do its utmost best to update all petitions with results. If AV cannot update a petition it may be because there is not an update for us to record and/or some records and record information cannot be disclosed because they are deemed confidential either by law or by court order.
Freedom of Information
Both the federal and state governments determine public access to government files such as court records. At the federal level, the Freedom of Information Act, signed into law in 1966 by President Lyndon B. Johnson, generally protects the right of any person to request access to federal agency records or information. There are a few exemptions and special law enforcement exclusions to this, such as national security information or trade secrets.
State laws concerning freedom of information vary. The Indiana Access to Public Records is a series of laws designed to guarantee public access to any information created, maintained, or filed by government agencies. Exemptions under Indiana law are very similar to federal exemptions.
Court records fall under the umbrella of information that is generally available for public inspection. However, some records and record information cannot be disclosed because they are deemed confidential either by law or by court rule. The following are examples of confidential court record information:
- Juvenile court proceedings
- Mental health commitment proceedings
- Social security numbers and financial account numbers
- Adoption and paternity proceedings
- Domestic violence protection order files
- Psychological evaluations and drug and alcohol treatment records
Excluding confidential records, public court records are available to anyone and may be used for news publications, academic research, and non-profit organizations. They may not however be used for commercial purposes of any nature. Requests can be made through the mail, online or in-person, and records may be copied for a small fee.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AnimalVictory.org, One Red Lion, Inc. Nationbuilder.com, National Animal News, PetRescue Report.com, Mailchimp, Donorbox, Stripe, Paypal, American Red Lion, and/or each or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, sub-contractors, partners, agents and volunteers from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, injuries or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) brought by a third party, arising out of a breach, or alleged breach, of any of its representations or obligations herein; or made available through the use of this service or any connection you may have to this service, as well as your violation of the current terms of service, or your violation of any rights of another.
- You agree we will do our utmost best within reason to accomplish our goal on any petition. We do not guarantee any results from any petition.
- Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the platform and services.