Walter Stevenson was home alone with Star when the dog died. Stevenson's girlfriend called the authorities after returning home from the store and finding her dog dead on the floor, with blood coming from the mouth.
This man is accused of taking his anger out on a small, defenseless dog! Star's life was cut short because this man got angry after a gambling loss. Please sign today to ensure that Stevenson is not given a plea deal - he must receive the maximum possible punishment for the felony charge he faces for stealing this innocent dog's life.
Note - individuals are presumed innocent until being found guilty in a court of law.
Update 6/17/2021: Animal Victory has learned the outcome of this case.
1. Torture/injure/abandon/starve animal, (1st)  Guilty
Disposition (Judicial Officer: Sullivan, Diana L.)
1. Torture/injure/abandon/starve animal, (1st)  Guilty of Lesser Offense
Misdemeanor Sentence (Judicial Officer: Sullivan, Diana L.)
1. Torture/injure/abandon/starve animal, (1st) 
Condition - Adult:
1. Suspended Jail Sentence, 90 days 04/15/2021
2. Stay Out of Trouble, 1 year 04/15/2021
3. Community Service, 50 Hours In Lieu of fine and fees 04/15/2021
4. Stay Away Order, from any animals 04/15/2021
5. Mental Health Evaluation, and follow any recommendations 04/15/2021
Comment (Attend an animal cruelty class (online class OK)
We are disappointed in this sentence and feel that the punishment does not fit the crime, although we are pleased that this man has been ordered to stay away from animals and complete community service. We thank you for your support and will continue our quest to obtain better court outcomes on future cases.
Update 3/10/2021: Read our letter to Attorney Steve Wolfson in Clark County